As one of the richest countries in the world, one of our responsibilities is to share when we can and where we can. We work very hard to identify individuals, companies, government entities and the like to identify resources that will assist us in delivering quality programs and services in response to the greatest need.
Below are some of the most common ways you can support Healthy Black Communities, Inc. in your area(s) of your choice, often while realizing great tax benefits. No matter how – or how much – you give, your generosity will make a difference in the lives and work of Black People and Communities, either domestically or internationally.
Annual Giving | Planned Giving | Corporate and Foundations | Matching Gifts | Memorial Gifts | Stock Gifts
– Annual gifts strengthen every single area of Healthy Black Communities, Inc. and enhances the portfolio of programs and services we are able to offer.
You can direct your sustaining annual gift—of any size—to the HBC Center, Program, or Service you choose to support. These gifts provide crucial unrestricted funds: a pool of resources that can be quickly and easily used by HBC to address opportunities and challenges that fall outside of normal budgeting parameters
The “I Fund HBC” program raises support each year for Healthy Black Communities' Centers and health education and disease prevention programs and services. We conduct fund development and resource mobilization for all HBC areas in order for them to have their own funds to operate from.
You may contribute to any of these funds by:
- Making a gift online now
- Responding to a mail appeal
- Responding to a Telefund call from an HBC Volunteer
- Make a matching gift
- Establishing payroll deduction, just contact your Human Resources Department for more information
- Establishing an electronic funds transfer, which authorizes the automatic transfer of funds each month from your checking or savings account
Thank you for your interest in supporting Healthy Black Communities, Inc.!
– Gifts carefully planned to help you meet your philanthropic and financial goals. Have you included Healthy Black Communities, Inc. in your estate plans to support a Center or Program that is especially meaningful to you? Please tell us about it
so we can make sure your gift will be used as you intend. There are ways for you to plan by Life Stage:
Want to learn more about the estate, financial and gift planning topics that matter to you? Select the age group that best describes you to get started.
Your life feels newly supersized with career responsibilities surging and, perhaps, a young family in the nest. You're focused on the present, but what would happen to your loved ones if they were faced with your sudden death? Does your partner and loved ones know the organization and causes you are passionate about? Let us provide you some information that will help you protect the people and causes you love with your first estate plan.
With growing children, aging parents and a busy schedule, estate and financial planning can be a challenge. Fortunately, HBC has identified some resources that can help you get your plans in order to protect your family, partner, and loved ones as well as support your favorite causes.
Retirement is just around the corner—or here! Take steps now to make sure you can thoroughly enjoy the extra time you'll have to travel and spend time with your loved one, children and grandchildren.
Put your mind at ease by learning how to make your retirement dollars last. Now is the time to be diligent about updating estate plans that put your family first, and talking to your children about your choices.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Relationships with corporations and foundations that result in philanthropic benefit for Healthy Black Communities, Inc. Corporations and foundations play an important role with Healthy Black Communities, Inc. From supporting cutting edge research and programs, partnerships with industry and private funders - they are all critical to our continued success.
Healthy Black Communities, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) organization that was founded in 2001 to protect and promote healthy Black communities, both domestically and internationally; through program, organization and community development. Our Corporate and Foundation Partnership Committee seeks to establish and advance relationships with corporations and foundations that result in philanthropic benefit for Healthy Black Communities, Inc.
To assure that Healthy Black Communities, Inc. can continue to fulfill its mission of excellence in health education and disease prevention, we rely on private support from individuals and organizations that share our commitment to make Black communities healthy, strong, and vibrant.
In addition to our work in securing philanthropic support, the Corporate and Foundation Partnership Committee can connect corporate and foundation representatives with valuable health education and disease prevention causes and issues that are important to our partner.
– A way to multiply your generosity through your employer’s matching gift program. You may be able to multiply your support for Healthy Black Communities, Inc. each year by making use of your employer's matching gift program, enabling you to provide significantly more support for the HBC area(s
) of your choice.
To find out if your company participates in such a program, ask your HR department. Healthy Black Communities, Inc. is grateful to those companies and foundations for their generosity. Companies have various methods by which you can submit your matching gift request—online forms, automated phone systems, or a paper form that you submit to HBC. Contact your company's human resources officer to find out what your options are.
If your company uses a paper matching gift form, please complete and sign the form and send it to us, then we'll do the rest!
Healthy Black Communities, Inc.
964 Ralph David Abernathy, SW - Suite C12
Atlanta, Georgia 30310
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
– Honoring someone special with a gift supporting Healthy Black Communities, Inc. You can make a gift supporting any area of Healthy Black Communities, Inc. in memory or honor of a friend, relative, or loved one. Making an honorary or memorial gift is a generous and thoughtful way to recognize a person's life and accomplishments.
When you make an honorary or memorial gift, Healthy Black Communities, Inc. will (if requested) notify the honoree or next of kin, and will administer the gift as you direct. Honorary and memorial gifts may be made via Healthy Black Communities, Inc.'s online giving site or by contacting us.
– Supporting Healthy Black Communities, Inc. with gifts of appreciated stocks and mutual funds. Gifts of marketable stocks or mutual fund shares that have appreciated (increased in value
) can have an immediate impact on your favorite Healthy Black Communities, Inc. Center, program or service — and also create an immediate income tax deduction for you based on the assets' current value.
- Cash gifts – Outright gifts made via cash, check, credit card, or other means, click HERE to learn more.
Real and personal property
– Real estate and marketable items of personal property. Imagine avoiding the hassle of selling a piece of property, with no worry about getting a fair price and at the same time realizing valuable income and estate tax deductions. This can be your reality when you consider using real estate to make a charitable gift to Healthy Black Communities, Inc. Here's what you need to know:
How It Works
You can donate your property outright, place it in a trust or give it through your will. All of these methods will enable you to enjoy personal financial benefits while supporting our work in a meaningful way. Following are details on the most straightforward way to make such a gift: direct donation of your property.
- You give the property to HBC
(the property is sold or kept by HBC)
- You receive an income tax deduction
How You Benefit
In addition to freeing you from the costs and responsibilities of ownership, making an outright gift of property that you've owned for more than a year offers these benefits:
You obtain an income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's full fair market value. This deduction reduces the cost of making your gift and frees cash that otherwise would have been used to pay taxes.
You eliminate capital gains tax on the property's appreciation.
The transfer isn't subject to the gift tax, and the gift reduces your future taxable estate
- Online giving – Gifts made through our website.